sábado, noviembre 19

Changes

Hello darlings

I've been neglecting this blog a little lately, it seems... I've been busy working and crocheting, and I have a few posts coming up. I've been thinking too, about making some changes. I want to get a new look for the blog but also, and this is the difficult part, I've decided to start blogging in Spanish.

This has not been an easy decision to make, and I'm not sure yet it's going to be the best for me, meaning, I don't know if I'll be totally comfortable, or if I'll still make entries in English.

You may be wondering why this is a difficult decision for me. The reason is I love the English language and it is not hard for me to express myself in English, even though it is not my native language. When I'm on the internet, I mostly go around using English. It's the most commonly used language, so you can easily communicate with people all over the world. There is also a lot more information available in English. If you make a Google search in Spanish, you don't get as much information. Of course I understand that if Spanish speaking people choose to blog in English, just like I do, then there are never going to be many sites in Spanish. Believe it or not, sometimes I feel guilty about this, like I'm betraying my own language.

But what has pushed me to finally make this decision is the fact that my hobby (that it's not a business, not yet at least, since I have people nagging me every day to buy stuff from me and I'm afraid one day I'll just cave in...) has become a thing that I share strongly with family, friends and people around me, locally, in my community. Many of them can't speak English so they can't really enjoy my blog. And that saddens me.

So... Those are my reasons and I'm going to make the switch.

To the ones who can only read my blog in English, just have no doubt that I cherish you and I'm so grateful that you follow or visit my blog! Since mostly every pattern I try is in English, you can still benefit from the links and the photos. You are most welcome to visit and comment in English, and if translators fail (and they will!) and you would like to have any particular thing explained to you in English, I'll be more than happy to help.

3 comentarios:

  1. Hey... that's a shame, but totally understandable (mine is in Dutch, so I have no right to speak, haha) But i still keep enjoying your pictures, they say more than 1000 words, right?
    So I keep following you! Love, Carolien

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Te felicito Mary. A mi me pasa como a ti, me comunico perfectamente en ingles, pero mi blog siempre lo he mantenido en español, mi lengua nativa. No me quejo, mis amigas latinas fueron mis primeras seguidoras y se los agradezco. Hay veces que comparto patrones en ingles y se me quejan... Adelante que si les gusta tu blog, te visitaran.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. @Carolien: Some day I'll learn some basic Dutch, I promise! ;-)

    @Claribel: Gracias. Creo que el tema del idioma es algo que nos planteamos muchos al tener un blog y no siempre es fácil decidirse, pero el español me está llamando y no puedo ignorarlo ya más. :-)

    ResponderEliminar

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.